National Geographic's Forces of Nature
Explore hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, and volcanoes at National Geographic's Forces of Nature website. Your job is to:
1. Pick a natural catastrophe to learn about.
2. Explore this catastrophe by exploring the catastrophe at your own pace. Do NOT just skip to the simulation at the end!! (If I see this happening, you will lose computer priviledges.)
3. Once you have read & explored the information of the catastrophe of your choice, write a well developed paragraph about your catastrophe. Then write a second paragraph about the new facts that you learned. This should be done on loose leaf paper.
4. Proofread your paragraph for spelling & grammar errors. (Reading/Language students should pay close attention to this.)
4. Post your paragraphs to this blog.
All homeroom and reading students are responsible for this assignment.
Due date: May 23.