Sunday, January 01, 2006

Creative Writing: Bigfoot!

Complete the story starter below using your imagination. Be sure to use descriptive adjectives and vivid words in your writing.

I used to dislike going to camp, but not because I was afraid of Bigfoot. (It was because I was afraid of snakes.)

Now I love camping, we'd stay in cabins. It wasn't really "roughing it," but it was still very different from living in a house or an apartment. Sometimes, we'd hear things outside the cabin at night. Usually, it was the wind blowing through the trees. But one night, we thought we heard an animal.

My friends and I wanted to see what kind of animal might be making the noise, so we crept outside. At first, we didn't see anything but soon we saw a snake nearby! There were five of us and only one snake, but I was still nervous.

The snake slithered under some leaves.

"Did you see that?" Ian said. "That snake was huge!"
Elliot said, "But it couldn't have made that noise we heard."Before we moved a muscle, something even more huge than the snake came out of the woods, looked at us, and...

posted 2/15/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home